Table of Contents
Who am I in Christ? “know the truth and the truth will set you free.” (John 8:32) Knowing the truth about self will set you free from bondages, strongholds, fear, loneliness, insecurity, rejection and insignificance. It is also very important in the Christian life, that I (every single believer) know my personal identity of who I am in Christ.
My dear, let me tell you for your information that you don’t need to do anything to establish your identity, you just need to believe; Because God has done a lot for your identity, let’s go into this topic today.
Let’s study the Bible to find out who I am in Christ? Because you know that Scripture is God’s love letter to us.
In Christ: I am ACCEPTED
- I am God’s child. (John 1:12, Galatians 3:26, 28, Ephesians1:5, 1 John 3:1)
- I am Jesus’ Friend. (John 15:15)
- I am Forgiven/Redeemed. (Colossians 1:13, 14)
- I am Righteous. (Romans 5:1, 19, 3:22-24, 1 Corinthians 6:9-11)
- I have been bought with a price. (1 Corinthians 6:19, 20)
- I am complete. (Colossians 2:9, 10)
- I can come to the throne of Grace with boldness. (Hebrew 4:14-16)
In Christ: I am SECURE
- I am free from all condemnation. (Romans 8:1, 31-39)
- I am a citizen of heaven. (Philippians 3:20)
- I have received a spirit of power, Love and self-discipline. (2 Timothy 1:7)
- I have the assurance that God will do everything good in my life. (Romans 8:28)
- I believe that the good work God has begun in my life He will complete. (Philipians 1:6)
- I am anointed. (2 Corinthians 1:21, 22)
- I am born of God and the devil can’t harm me. (1 John 5:18)
In Christ: I am SIGNIFICANT
- I am New Creation. (2 Corinthians 5:17, Ephesians 4:22-24, Romans 6:4, 12:2)
- I am the fruit bearing branch. (John 15:1, 5, and 16)
- I am God’s temple. (1 Corinthians 3:16, 2 Corinthians 6:16, 17)
- I am God’s ambassador. (2 Corinthians 5:17-21, Matthew 28:18-20)
- I am the salt and light of this world. (Matthew 5:13-16, Colossians 4:6, Mark 9:49-50, Ephesians 5:8-9, 1 Peter 2:9-10)
- I am God’s workmanship, created for every good work. (Ephesians 2:10, Titus. 3:14, 18)
- I have been seated at the right hand of God with Jesus Christ. (Ephesians 2:6, Colossians 3:1-4)
- I am powerful. (Philippians 4:13, 1 John 4:4, Luke 10:19, Mark 16:17, 18)
Identity in Christ involves an understanding of a believer’s new nature, relationship with God, purpose, and position in the church. It serves as a foundation for living the Christian life and positively impacting the world based on the teachings and example of Jesus Christ.
As a Christian we must remember that we are new creations, we are children of the living God, we are forgiven, we are redeemed, we were chosen in Christ before the foundation of the world, we are Blessed, we are the temple of the Holy Spirit, we are created for good works, we are salt and light to the world, we have spiritual authority in Christ and we have power in Christ. We are not of the world but of God. Therefore… “Know thyself, for you are God’s precious creation in Christ.”